Planetary gearboxes are widely used in electric motors and are important mechanical components, so today we will introduce you to their specific role.
1. Accelerate and decelerate, also known as a variable speed gearbox.
2. Changing the driving direction, utilizing two sector gears to transfer the force perpendicularly to the other rotating shaft.
3. Change of rotating torque, the faster the speed of the gears, the lower the torque on the shaft and vice versa under the same power conditions.
4. Clutch function, by separating two initially engaged gears, the engine can be separated from the load. Examples are the transmission of an automobile or a brake clutch.
5. Power distribution, for example, we can use one engine to drive multiple driven shafts through a transmission main shaft, thus enhancing the function of one engine to drive multiple loads.