DC motor is a kind of common electric motor, which is widely used in industrial production and daily life. According to the structure and working principle of the motor, DC motors can be further categorized into brushed DC motors and brushless DC motors.
1. Brushed DC motor
A brushed DC motor is a kind of DC motor applied earlier, and its main feature is that there are brushes installed on the rotor, and the friction between the brushes and the power supply of the motor generates brushes, so as to make the rotor rotate.
The application scenarios of brushed DC motors mainly include:
(1) Power tools, such as electric drills, hammers, electric grinders, etc.
(2) Household appliances, such as vacuum cleaners, mixers, fans, etc.
(3) Automobile engines, such as starter motors, generators, etc.
2. Brushless DC motor
Brushless DC motor is a new type of motor developed in recent years, which is mainly characterized by the use of electronic commutation technology, replacing the brushes in the brushed DC motor.
The application of brushless DC motor mainly include:
(1) Electric vehicles, such as electric bicycles, electric cars, etc.
(2) Industrial automation, such as machine tools, robots, etc.
(3) Household appliances, such as washing machines, ovens, microwave ovens, and so on.
In conclusion, brushed DC motors and brushless DC motors have their own advantages and disadvantages, and their application scenarios are different. With the continuous progress of science and technology, the application prospect of brushless DC motor is more and more broad, and it will become the future development trend in the field of motors.